- It is nearly impossible to approximate traffic before my 5:10 class in order to get there on time.
- This bug exists due to rush hour traffic; people leaving work causes huge traffic jams right at 5pm.
- At night, the Wi-Fi at my apartment complex (The Retreat) becomes noticeably slower, which sometimes forces me to go to the on-campus library late at night.
- This bug exists because everyone uses up the bandwidth at the same time at night, when people do homework, use streaming services, etc.
- My roommates who open the door to enter my room then forget to close it on their way out.
- This bug exists because sometimes my roommates can be negligent towards my preferences, since bugs like this are so minor.
- My roommates who leave their trash/wrappers on the kitchen table, instead of taking 2 seconds to throw them away.
- This bug exists because my roommates do not care about cleanliness as much as I do.
- The garbage truck comes to my apartment almost daily at around 8-9am, often waking me up on days I wanted to sleep in, because our complex’s dump is across the street from my building.
- This bug exists because garbage trucks come in the mornings nationwide, and also potentially because my complex produces so much trash.
- The sheer amount of clickbait articles that exist across social media / the internet nowadays, begging me to click.
- This bug exists because clickbait is a shady yet profitable business, and also it is becoming more and more tolerable as a whole.
- The amount of people glued to their phones when you look up in almost any given public place.
- This bug exists because cell phones are a pretty revolutionary technology that put the internet, entertainment, instant messaging, etc. all at the convenience of our fingertips.
- Having to wait on people for anything more than 5 minutes bugs me a lot. If I am courteous enough to pick you up, you should return the favor by not making me wait.
- This bug exists for a number of reasons: someone is not ready yet, someone is careless enough to make me wait, etc.
- The rise of movie spoilers in totally random places, such as comment sections of social media or even memes.
- This bug exists because people on the internet are inherently trolls. The reason behind this is that anyone can say anything publically while their identity is hidden behind a screen name.
- Children screaming in restaurants is one of my biggest pet peeves, because it annoyingly distracts from your conversation.
- This bug exists because children are naturally loud, especially when they don’t get what they want, which is very possible at a restaurant.
- My roommates who ignore doing simple daily chores, like refilling the Brita or taking out the trash, even when I ask.
- This bug exists because (again) my roommates are lazy and not as hygienic as myself.
- Mobile advertisements that have two “X” buttons, one that actually works and another fake one that links you to the brand’s website.
- This bug exists because companies believe any site traffic is good; however, knowing you just got exploited into going to their page makes 99.9% of people close out of that page anyways.
- The Publix in Gainesville on University Ave has around 30 parking spots yet is constantly crowded with students; therefore, if you show up any earlier than 10pm, you will have to fight for a parking spot.
- This bug exists because this Publix did not plan well for how busy their store would get during the semester.
- The Retreat has merely 15 guest parking spots that are always in high demand, compared to their hundreds of residential spots (many of which are never taken).
- This bug exists because of poor planning by The Retreat; however, I feel they don’t care because they make so much money from towing companies.
- Foot traffic is another one of my biggest pet peeves. When walking in crowded spaces like malls or even campus, do not walk in a line of people taking up the whole sidewalk/walkway. It inconveniences not only those behind you but also those walking the opposite direction.
- This bug exists because in social situations, people become inconsiderate of others, since their focus is on conversation.
- People who take a trendy new word/phrase and attempt to apply it to every conversation constantly. (ex: “on a spiritual level)
- This bug exists because people want to feel trendy and influential; however, little did they know, they are effectively making sure no one else says that phrase ever again.
- People who talk over you while you’re in the middle of a conversation.
- This is more than a bug since it genuinely aggravates me, but it is an issue because the person talking over you not only interrupted but also shows they didn’t care what you had to say.
- People who ask a hundred questions during their first time watching a movie. There is nothing wrong with a couple of questions, but we all know that friend who doesn’t get the gist.
- This bug exists because some people are very inquisitive when they don’t understand something. If you just keep watching the movie, your question will probably be answered.
- Drivers who aggressively try to pass you in traffic just to be 1 car ahead.
- This bug exists because some drivers are really uneasy and see traffic as a race.
- My roommates who play loud music through all hours of the day.
- This bug exists because they don’t know or care that I’m working on my homework in my room, where I can hear their music clear as day (This is happening right now as I type).
I definitely ran into some trouble while writing my bug list, because it is exhausting to try to remember 20 annoying things that occur on an almost daily basis. Normally when I am in a situation in which one of my pet peeves comes up, I will either try to ignore it or ask someone to stop; I never really thought to make note of the pet peeve and answer why it’s happening. Many of the bugs I listed are inevitable and some of them are even unfixable; as for the others, I learned something. I feel that with this assignment I will be better not only at recognizing my pet peeves but also at preventing them after they start.
There were so many of your bugs that I personally relate too. Having lazy roommates that don’t clean is something I think that everyone can relate too (unless you are the lazy roommate). It also bugs me when people talk during movies, I understand that people have questions, but as you pointed out, if they continue to watch the movie their questions will get answered.
ReplyDeleteBlake, I have come across your same situation when it comes to living with other people. It comes down to the simplicity of having respect towards others preferences and I feel like a lot of our generation has lost it. I do agree that people are always on their phones which Is ironic because they have a fear of what's missing on social media and such but happen to be missing such valuable human interaction that would satisfy their needs so much more.
ReplyDelete