- My name is Blake, and I consider myself to be a good negotiator, a quick learner, and knowledgeable in most markets. I believe I am an experienced entrepreneur for my age, because I have been running my sneaker business on the side for many years now. One day, I want to own my own successful business with a loyal client base. I hope this opportunity I have found will suffice, because it would be both fun and engaging to embark on this business through research, business decisions, sales, etc.
2. What are you offering to customers?
- In my previous post, I noted that I had discovered an opportunity and a potential solution to a common unmet need: clean households. My solution is an app that would evenly coordinate cleaning efforts amongst a group of roommates through an algorithm that considers their preferences. This way, all roommates will have at least one chore to take turns doing, so all of the chores won't fall into one person's schedule.
3. Who are you offering it to?
- I believe college students aged 18-26 would make up the primary demographic of my target market. I say this, because college students are more than likely living with roommate, and there is even a fairly high chance that these roommates are random. I believe big cities with expensive rent would also fall under my target market, because people often split rent costs with their friends and family. This app would also likely benefit a number of these people.
4. Why do they care?
- I believe the unique algorithm I plan to use within my app will make the difference between it being a free app versus a paid one. Through my research, there is no similar app that will take into account one's chore preferences and use this information to tailor them easy household work. Also, I only plan on charging a one-time fee for the app, rather than a monthly bill which would likely scare customers off.
5. What are your core competencies?
- The solution to my problem has never been tested before, meaning that if my app worked the word would spread around naturally. Furthermore, during my time here at UF I have made connections with potential investors who may also feel strongly about having a clean house. Lastly, I have a blog filled with research on how my opportunity might actually pan out in the market.
Evaluation
- I believe all of these elements fit together well enough for me to turn my opportunity into reality. Not only do I think my target market is substantial, but I also believe people would have a valid reason paying for my app, since it is such a unique service. I still need to conduct plenty more research and hypotheses in order to establish my brand, but I am confident that I would be successful in this day and age.
Hi Blake,
ReplyDeleteI think your idea is really good and definitely something I would want to get! I think so many people would use a cleaning app, whether it be college students with roommates or parents trying to get their kids to do chores around the house. I also agree that paying a one-time fee for the app would be better than having to pay a monthly fee.
This was a great post Blake. That is really fascinating that you have your own successful sneaker business and I think it shows that you might have what it takes to see this opportunity through. I think your app idea is a really interesting one that I would definitely download since I have multiple roommates. I think that you definitely have the right ideas and this opportunity is worth pursuing.
ReplyDeleteHey Blake,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your idea napkin. I believe in your service because I know how annoying it can be to live with messy people that do not keep up with chores. I would definitely consider using a service like this, especially if it's an app on my phone. I too run a sneaker business and I think it's a great part of our entrepreneurial journey that teaches us a lot.