2. Reflection
- The feedback I got on my previous elevator pitch that stood out the most to me was that I should prop up my camera so that I wasn't looking down at it. I feel this is a bit more essential criticism as opposed to insightful criticism, because it really made a difference. Furthermore, I was advised to grab the viewers' attention in the beginning and to possibly include a quantitative statistic that would support my pitch.
3. Changes
- The main change I made to this elevator pitch was lifting my camera, so I wouldn't be looking downwards like I was in my last elevator pitch. Another cinematographic change I made was moving my camera to a different side of my room, so that I could have much better lighting in my pitch. Because of this, my third elevator pitch was a lot more engaging and less blurry than my previous. Finally, I cut down on the hand gestures and experimented with my articulation, so the true focus of the video is what I have to say.
Great elevator pitch Blake! I think that your business idea is an interesting one that I think has a ton of potential to be successful. I think you did a good job outlining how the application would work and I think that information would be important for potential investors. I think that propping up your camera was an added change that really helped for your video.
ReplyDeleteHi Blake! You really took the criticism about propping up your camera to heart and made a change that instantly improved your elevator pitch for the better. I think your business is a great idea and has a lot of potential to help people. I could tell you were invested in your business and believed in the idea from your tone of voice and body language. Great job!
ReplyDeleteWell done! I liked the changes you made to the location of the camera. The lighting and angle works well and lets your audience see your face and more personally connect with your pitch. I think cutting down on the hand gestures and focusing on articulation was an excellent idea. Once you've nailed the articulation and are more comfortable with your pitch, you may consider reintroducing some hand gestures here and there in order to visually emphasize certain parts of the speech. Overall, great job!
ReplyDelete