Friday, April 24, 2020

30A - Final Reflection

  • My most formative experience throughout this class was the entirety of the lectures. I have taken a lot of notes that are genuinely going to prove useful in my future, unlike a number of classes we must take. Frankly, my most joyous experience was when the rest of the semester's  Cupcakes were graded as 100%, because I knew I could earn the grade I wanted afterwards! I also agreed we students deserved a bit of leniency with everything currently going on. The experience that I'm most proud of is having created this blog! After looking back upon the whole thing, I see that I truly did some in-depth research for my business venture, most notably, all the interviews.
  • Now that we are approaching the very end, I would definitely consider myself to be an entrepreneur! This class has taught me that being an entrepreneur is a fairly experimental venture, because we must expect failure and learn from it. Alongside the long list of other things I've learned, my biggest takeaway is that it takes an immense amount of effort from a suitable group of people to successfully execute an entrepreneurial venture. I considered myself an entrepreneur before entering this class, but now afterwards I can confidently say I have improved my entrepreneurial mindset.
  • The one recommendation I would make to the students who might be following this path is explained perfectly by the cliché: don't wait til the last minute. The weekly assignments along with the lectures/cupcakes add up, especially for an online class. To perform best, I'd recommend students complete at least 1 assignment ahead of time during weeks that have 2-3 assignments due. To foster this mindset, students should keep a schedule/agenda and make themselves stick to it. All this being said, those who are taking this class should be able to get an A so long as they follow these tips!
40 Signs You Have What It Takes To Be An Entrepreneur

3 comments:

  1. Great post Blake! I think you have done a great job on all of the assignments this semester. I think after taking this class and doing all of these assignments I think we are all a little bit closer to achieving that entrepreneurial mindset. With being an entrepreneur there is definitely a lot of experimentation and failure that comes with the territory, but it is worth it to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blake,
    I 100 percent agree! I think finding the solution is the easy part, as anyone can think of the solution to their problem. The next true obstacle is feasibility, as we can think our idea is amazing on paper, but in practice it might now work. I hope the solution you have found to the rental car problem works out, and I'm eager to see where you go next. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Blake,
    I was also happy when the cupcakes were graded for the rest of the semester as it secured the grade I wanted in this class. We came a long way with around 30 assignments on our business ideas and entrepreneurship in general. Starting the assignments early is essential for this class as you said, it's important to think deeply about some things and it takes time to do 2-3 assignments from this class.

    ReplyDelete