- Despite the lure of having no exams, this class requires a substantial amount of time and tenaciousness. Multiple weekly assignments and peer reviews often consume hours of your time, but there are ways to learn to enjoy it. If you go in with an open mind, especially with this class, you will notice that the collective lectures, assignments, and readings comprise valuable entrepreneurial guidance that is practical for real life. I sometimes find myself thinking, "This class can make me some money!"
2. Tenaciousness is also about attitude.
- I felt like giving up when the Bug List was assigned towards the beginning of the semester. The assignment was very tedious, and I thought that all upcoming assignments would reflect that. There was still time to drop the course, but I decided to persist after looking through the upcoming assignments and seeing how much freedom we have with our blogs. At this point, I enjoy doing most of the homework, because I am slowly building on this entrepreneurial opportunity, which simulates what I want to do after I graduate. I have definitely developed a tenacious attitude through this course, because I want to prove that there would be demand for my product.
3. Three tips.
- Stick to a schedule for when you complete the homework assignments and always make sure you declare your submissions. There are no exceptions for mistakes here.
- Don't be afraid to use constructive criticism in your blog comments. It helps you rethink your ideas about your own opportunity and provides an outside perspective on your peer's business decisions.
- When possible, try to choose topics that you have a genuine interest in. It makes the class more easygoing when you enjoy the work you're doing.

Great post Blake! I think you did a great job summarizing and reflecting on the semester thus far. I agree with you that while we do not have exams for this class, you still need to put a tremendous amount of effort into this class to get something out of it. I also agree that the bug list was a very tedious assignment, but it became easier as you went along. I also agree that you need to stick to a schedule for this class in order to be successful.
ReplyDeleteHi Blake! I was really impressed with how honest you were about the assignment in which you felt like giving up. I definitely agree with your three tips, especially not being afraid of constructive criticism. I think everyone is always a little nervous about getting criticism, however, feedback is a great tool to become better and more aware of what you need to work on.
ReplyDeleteHey, Blake! Persistence and keeping up with the assignments are definitely the two most important requirements for this course. Also, I agree with your tip about constructive criticism. If everyone agrees with every aspect of your idea, either the feedback is garbage or your idea is absolutely perfect. I doubt at this point it's the second case. Criticism is critical in the entrepreneurial process. It provides perspectives different from your own to influence your thought process and may make your idea that much better.
ReplyDelete