Since my business idea is centered around a mobile application that coordinates cleaning efforts and chores amongst a group of roommates, I would categorize my target audience under college students. My customers must also have the desire for a cleaner home, so they likely have hobbies that require them to leave the house, such as sports or club meetings. Perhaps, some would also have hobbies that keep them in the house, such as video games; in my personal experience, these are one of the messiest types of people. My customer likely still drives their first car, which is probably a beginner-level car, such as a Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Hyundai, etc. With my knowledge and research of other college students, I would say that my prototypical customer uses a streaming service to watch TV, ranging from cartoons and sitcoms to reality TV and crime shows. For the most part, they are aged 18-24, and are still trying to figure out how to be an adult.
I have a ton in common with my target audience, since I am literally a part of it as a college student. I have the desire for a clean home, I still drive my first car, I have both indoor and outdoor hobbies, and I use the majority of streaming services out there! I basically got this information from my own and my friends' habits, which I know to be not only true but also widespread. I came up with my idea because it was a problem I recognized in my own household; therefore, I do not think it's a coincidence I share qualities with my target audience, because I am fully aware that I am essentially targeting myself and others like me.
Great customer avatar, Blake! I think you did a great job of creating a customer avatar that exemplifies your target market. It makes sense that your customer avatar would be a college student. I appreciated the detail you went into when describing your customer avatar. I think we all have something in common with our customer avatar, at least I did when I came up with mine.
ReplyDeleteHey Blake,
ReplyDeleteYou did a good job describing your custom avatar. I like how you described your similarities with your target audience, since you share the same problem that your idea is trying to fix. With this in mind, I think it is a big advantage that you are experiencing the issue, so that you know the problem very well and can use your experience to solve it the right way.